Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Player


 In my last post, I mentioned that the player controls a large bee that flies around the screen and collects the right answer. I haven't given the bee a name yet, I want to think of something that could be a boy bee or a girl bee. Any suggestions?

The animation for the player bee is really simple, his wings beat and his mouth and eyes change.

While the player flies around the bee just looks happy.

When the player collects the right answer or a bonus item, the bee smiles.

If the player tries to collect the incorrect answer, a sound like a "BOING" will play and the bee will be dazed for a moment.

My favourite thing is that the bee will wear costumes!!

The plan is to have about 10 different themes for the game. We'll start out in a garden and as the player progresses, new themes or environments are unlocked. The player bee will wear a costume related to the theme. So here we have a pirate captain for the "Pirate" theme and a vampire for the "Spooky Night" theme. Is that an Elvis vampire bee?? Some of the other themes I'm thinking of are outer space, super hero, candy land, fairy tale, Christmas, circus, western, valentine, robot and dinosaur to name a few. It will be hard to pick which ones to go into the game because I want to draw them all. I want to do a "ZomBEE" theme so bad! Mostly because I love the play on the word zombie. But sketches I did of this theme are kinda scary and I don't want to freak out the kiddies so we'll have to see about that one.

Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment